Our mission is to build God’s kingdom, His Church, by giving and receiving business from each other through member referrals in a Christ centered environment of relationship and trust.
- One: We believe that one of the ways that God’s Kingdom is furthered is through our financial gifts of tithes and offerings. As we are blessed financially we will in turn bless our individual churches and thus build the Kingdom of God. Consequently, we instruct our members to give to their churches.
- Two: We believe in the Biblical law of sowing and reaping. As we give it is given unto us with even greater measure. Therefore we encourage our members to participate in this ministry with the desire to give a referral more than to receive one.
- Three: We believe that it is Biblical to give our business to believers. We challenge our members to consider giving their business to a Christian first before turning to other sources.
- Four: We believe that trust is an essential component of relationship. As we trust one another we will give and refer business to each other. We therefore encourage our members to long term Christ centered relationships.
- Five: We are Christians. All that we do is for His praise and His glory. Therefore our business practices and our interaction must be with His purposes in mind over our own.
Our meetings attempt to fulfill the following objectives.
- Referrals: We are a referral ministry so one of our primary goals is to give business to each other through referrals.
- Education: We desire to have relevant business subjects presented by knowledgeable business people that help us better our services.
- Energy: Enthusiasm and excitement are contagious and we strive to have this attributes at all of our meetings.
- Ministry: We are a ministry and so we aspire to encourage, build up, and exhort each other by the Word of God, prayer, and personal ministry.
- Relationship: We understand that lasting business is built on lasting relationships. Meeting new people and having the opportunity to establish new friends is a Christian value that we esteem very highly.
- Trust: Most of our members say that trust is one of the most important elements of this ministry, and that trust should set us apart from the world around us. Developing business trust takes time and consistent integrity in business practice. Our goal is that through time Christian Business Partners will be a name that is trusted.
Most meetings are about one hour in length and there are presently three chapter meetings cycles:
- Weekly: These meetings are generally about an hour long and meet once per week.
- Bimonthly: Meet twice per month.
- Monthly: Meet once per month.
The following basic format is used at most meetings.
- Business Presentation: Everyone present is encouraged to give a thirty second presentation about their business.
- Referral Generation: During this portion of the meeting we encourage members to give referrals to each other by creating an atmosphere business awareness.
- Ministry and Education: The final segment of the meeting allows room for education or spiritual encouragement.
All are welcome to attend our partner meetings. All are welcome to refer business and receive business at our meetings. We believe that partner meetings are a great way of bringing the gospel to the world around us. However, we ask that visitors make a decision to join us and be approved as members within four visits.Membership Agreement
We ask all our members to agree to the following.
- I am a Christian and I agree to Christian Business Partner’s Statement of Faith.
- I attend a church that also adheres to a similar statement of faith.
- I agree to conduct my business by Biblical standards and with integrity.
- I agree to give and refer business to other Christians whenever possible.
There are some businesses which are not representative of a Christian lifestyle as understood by the Bible and the life of Jesus. There are also some businesses that have spiritual practices which are overtly contrary to the Bible or that are rooted in religions that are not Christian. We understand that there may be disagreement with the businesses which we have prohibited but our rule of thumb is that if it is spiritual in any way and it is not in the Bible it is prohibited.
- Acupuncture Practices
- Eastern Religious Practices including Yoga and Meditation
- Gambling Businesses
- Hallucinogenic Drug Sales or Paraphernalia
- Hypnosis Practices
- Liquor Stores, Night Clubs, Bars, and Taverns
- Occult Paraphernalia or Sales
- New Age Practices or Sales
- Therapeutic Touch and other forms of Biofield Energy Healing
Presently the following categories of businesses are accepted but after review.
- Chiropractic (Certain Types - None Spiritual or Religious)
- Holistic Practices (Certain Types - None Spiritual or Religious)
- Martial Arts (Certain Types - None Spiritual or Religious)
- Massage Businesses (Certain Types)
- Restaurants with Liquor Licenses
The above lists are not complete and susceptible to change. Christian Business Partners reserves the right to deny or withdraw a business from our directories for any reason.About This Ministry
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10 (NKJV)
Who We Are
We are a Christian business networking ministry. We give each other business referrals and encourage business relationships. We are Christians and we strive to do our business by Biblical standards that reflect the character of Jesus.Non-Qualifying Denominations and Churches
Not all churches that call themselves Christian will qualify. Though the door is very wide for letting in members from a broad spectrum of the Christian community, there are some churches that do not meet our statement of faith requirement. Please be aware that we are called “Christian” Business Partners and not “Religious” Business Partners. The members and leadership of CBP have a strong conviction of what it means to be Christian, and those who look to our directories for services expect the owners to be Christian by these standards also.Directories
Christian Business Partners has online directories and printed directories. Our directories list the businesses of our members for the purpose of generating them business. There are no fees for being listed in the directories and placement order is by level of participation in this ministry. Our directories are distributed by mail, the internet, churches, and the hands of our partners.Why Join?
- We are a referral networking group so you are likely to receive business referrals.
- We are a Christian ministry so you will have the opportunity to serve and be ministered to.
- We are a community so we provide an atmosphere for developing long term relationships.
- We trust and are trusted so we strive to do business by Biblical standards.
- We are Christians so we direct people to Jesus and a relationship with Him.
- We are educators so you will receive business related instruction and training.
- We are non-profit so there are no dues or fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do you charge dues?
- Christian Business Partners membership requirements are subject to change or revision without notice.
- Christian Business Partners does not endorses the businesses listed in our directories nor can be held responsible or liable for the conduct, practices, goods, or services of its members.
- Christian Business Partners does not accept advertisements but does give priority placement in our directories. Priority is based on member participation in this ministry.
- Christian Business Partners accepts no responsibility for inaccurate or misrepresented information.
- Christian Business Partners reserves the right to deny publication of any listing for any reason and without explanation or notification.
- Christian Business Partners reserves the right to deny or cancel membership for any reason and without explanation or notification.
Christian Business Partners does not charge its members’ dues. We are a non-profit organization and our purpose is to help Christian business owners find new business and to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Q. Am I required to attend monthly meetings?
Yes, regular attendance at meetings is a prerequisite for being listed in the directory.
Q. Can non-Christians attend meetings?
Yes, we encourage non-believers to join us at our meetings where we trust that they will be introduced to Jesus by our members and their churches.
Q. Can I attend meetings even if I don’t have a business yet?
Absolutely! We encourage any Christian person who is considering beginning a business to attend our monthly meetings. Our meetings are informational and will help equip you with skills and knowledge for your business.
Q. How is this ministry supported financially?
We are reliant on the financial contributions of our partners, the hard work of our members, and our faith in God.How to Join
To become a member, simply go to www.ChristianBP.com and click apply. The application process takes about five minutes and applicants should receive a response within three business days. Once approved, applicants will receive a confirmation email. The confirmation email will have a link to confirm that the email has been received.Statement of Faith
This ministry has members from many different churches and denominations. These churches and denominations have many doctrines and views that vary from each other. We at Christian Business Partners understand these variations and allow for their differences unless they are contrary to our understanding of salvation. There are doctrines that we can stand either side on and still be saved. However, there are doctrines where this is impossible. The doctrines that we cannot disagree on are what we call essential doctrines of salvation
. We believe the following are essential for salvation and our faith as Christians.
- Inerrancy of Scripture. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, holy, infallible, and authoritative Word of God: That the Bible is the highest level of authority and that any other written material, philosophical reasoning, scientific theory, religious tradition, legal contract, or governmental decision is secondary in nature. Without recognizing the inerrancy of God’s Word we are left with no foundation of truth and consequently no true revelation of salvation. (2Tim. 3:15 -17, 1Peter 1:23 -25, Heb. 4:12, 3:15 -17, 1Peter 1:23 -25, Heb. 4:12)
- Deity of Jesus. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death, and His bodily resurrection. We believe that one cannot participate in God's salvation without recognizing the lordship and deity of Jesus Christ manifested through humble worship and adoration of Him as God. (John 1:1, 1Tim 3:16, John 5:18, John 10:30-39, Mark 14:61-62, John 17:5, Col 1:14-17, Col 2:9, Heb 1:8, John 8:24, John 8:58, Luke 5:17-26)
- Salvation by Faith. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone: Not by works, rituals, church membership, the keeping of the commandments, or any penitent act. Romans 10:9-10 shows us God’s method of salvation “… that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." We believe that only those who have Jesus Christ, revealed by the Holy Spirit, in their hearts by faith are saved. (Matthew 16:13-17, John 3:16, 8:24, Ephesians 1:13-14, 2:8-9, John 14:6, Romans 8:16, 10:9-10, 10:13)
- Conviction of Righteousness. We do not believe that to sin removes one from salvation or else all are lost. We do believe, however, that to willfully practice sin, denying the evident sinfulness of it, is the practice of one who does not have Christ in his or her heart. To practice theft, to murder, to worship another god, to commit adultery, or to walk in other sins prohibited by scripture, with the belief that these acts are acceptable to God, is the behavior of one who has no inward conviction of sin or righteousness by the Holy Spirit and is consequently not saved. (Exodus 20:1-17, John 16:7-10, Luke 18:10-14, Acts 3:19)
The meeting of our members for fellowship and business is at the heart of this ministry. We believe that as we come together to pray and help each other we will bring great blessing to the Body of Christ and the world around us.
- For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1 (NKJV)
Christian Business Partners strives to demonstrate to our members and our communities that we are trustworthy. Therefore the businesses in our directories must be recognized by the state and local governments to be legitimate. Governmental business requirements are necessary to protect the consumer and our communities.
Local Government License
Most city and local governments require the following for a business to be legitimate.
State Government License
- Business License: Almost all businesses require a city or county business license. The cost to get this license is usually minimal but must be renewed each year. There are exceptions to this.
- Sellers Permit: Often called a “certificate of resale.“ If you are engaged in retail sales then you will need to have a seller’s permit. A seller’s permit allows you to collect taxes from your sales.
- DBA: (Doing Business As) Most of the time, if you are required to have a local city license you are also required to have DBA. A DBA is the unique name of your business. You will not be able to open a business checking account without one.
In addition to the requirements of local governments some businesses require a special permit or licenses issued by the state in order to operate. For example, doctors are required to be licensed by a state medical board, and real estate agents are required to be licensed by the Department of Real Estate. Others include contractors, accountants, appraisers, auctioneers, barbers, bill collectors, cosmetologists, private investigators, private security guards, and more.
Federal Government License
A small parentage of business may require federal licensing. These businesses include broadcasters, firearms sales, drug manufactures, loan originators, meat prepares, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
(Q) Can an internet business be a legitimate form of business?
(A) Yes, however, you may be required to have a city business license if you are operating from your home.
(Q) Are multi-level marketing businesses MLMs exempt from having a city or county business license?
(A) Some are and some are not. If you keep an inventory of products that you sell then you may need to have a license. Some MLMs don’t require inventories because their members promote sales directly through the parent company.
(Q) Can I do business from home?
(A) In many cases yes. However, depending on the business, some city ordinances may not allow you to operate from your home at all. Also, some cities may not allow you to operate if you don’t have a CUP (conditional use permit). It is advisable to contact your local city government to find out their policies.Membership Requirements
The following are required for membership.
- Accept our membership agreement.
- Have a legal and CBP approved business.
- Submit and have approved an application (starts the process).
- Attend chapter meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions About Attendance
I applied for membership, but I’m still not in the online directory, why?
- Associate Member: Are members who have completed and had approved a membership application. Associate members can give and receive referrals and participate in chapter meetings.
- Directory Member: To be in our printed directories, online directories, and other special programs members must have and maintain a 70% chapter attendance. See the “Member Attendance” for more information.
After a person has applied for membership and has been accepted they must raise their attendance percentage level to 70% by attending meetings, then they will automatically be added to our online directory.
If I attend other chapters in addition to my primary chapter will this raise my attendance percentage?
No, only by attending your primary chapter is your attendance impacted. Even other special CBP occasions such as mixers, expos, or officer meetings will not impact you attendance.
How are listings added or removed from the directory?
Our system is automated, so as soon as a member’s attendance rises to or drops below 70% they will either be added to or dropped from the directories. If this happens at the time of printing a member may not be included in the printed directory.
What about holidays or special occasions when my chapter doesn’t meet?
Attendance is not taken on these days. Consequently, no one’s attendance will change up or down. Unfortunately, if a member is trying to raise their attendance they will have to wait until next chapter meeting.
Is there a way to review my attendance history?
Sure, login to your CBP account at www.ChristianBP.com and click the attendance link. Your present attendance percentage will be listed along with attendance activity for the past 6 months.
What if I change primary chapters, will my present attendance rating follow?
Not at the time of this publication. If you are trying to maintain a directory position you should plan to attend both chapters until your minimum attendance is 70% in the new chapter. Sometimes there are exceptions, please contact administration for more assistance in this matter.
Why is attendance important?
Attendance is important for several reasons: One, meetings are the primary way by which we build trusting business relationships in this ministry. Two, meetings are the main means by which we give and receive referrals from each other. And three, meetings are the principal method by which this ministry grows.
Will I be warned if my attendance is getting too low?
As a member’s attendance changes, up or down, they will be notified by email.
If I dropout of the directory when will I be eligible to get back in?
If you dropout because of a low attendance you will automatically be reinstated as soon as your attendance is 70% or above.
What if the chapter secretary or attendance keeper failed to add me even though I was there?
Contact the secretary of the chapter or one of the chapter officers and explain to them the discrepancy.
If my attendance drops below 70% can I still attend meetings?
Absolutely, this is the way in which attendance is built back up.
Does CBP make attendance exceptions for medical or family challenges?
Not generally, this is one of the reasons why attendance is only 70% at CBP and not 90% or more like many other networking groups.
What if I am a faithful long term member and cannot attend for a while due to very serious reasons?
We understand and have made exceptions, but every situation is different and we reserve the right not to make allowances.
Why not have new members start with 100% attendance and then move backwards as they fail to attend?
Like our national education system in this country we believe that a grade is earned. A member’s attendance is a way for us to grade a member’s involvement and commitment to this ministry. Thus for attendance management we use an achievement vs. a privilege method.
Can I Have Someone attend in Proxy for Me?
Yes, but the person attending in proxy cannot be a CBP member. Also, proxy attendance is limited to twice per ten week period for weekly chapters and once every three months for for bimonthly and monthly chapters.