Scripture and Business Workshop (Part 1)
The purpose of this workshop is to help us grow in our understanding of doing business God’s way. This workshop also serves the purpose of encouraging business relationships through a mutual study of Bible passages related to business.
At this workshop members will break into small groups of three or four for about ten minutes. Each group will have a selection of scriptures that are business related and require discussion. At the conclusion of the discussion time each group will select a representative to share what was meaningful to them about one of the passages they discussed.
Depending on meeting attendance and time, chapter leaders may assign one or two specific passages to each group. Time will not allow a single group to go through all the passages.
Discuss the following verses and write down what they mean to you.
Example: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
- This verse tells me that I should trust in God more than money or my business.
- From this passage I realize that my own understanding of a situation may be different from God’s. I need to trust God and go with His plan for my life and business.
- If I pray before I make a business decision, He will guide me.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6 (NIV)
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
- But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Cor. 2:9 (KJV)
- Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
- The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty. Proverbs 21:5 (NKJV)
- The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV)
- To be a partner of a thief is to hate one’s own life; one hears the victim’s curse, but discloses nothing. Proverbs 29:24 (NLT)
Mediate on these verses throughout the week. They will bless you and cause your faith to rise. Josh 1:8, Rom. 10:17